Saturday, August 13, 2011

Define HR Report Category

Dear readers,

When using a report (wheter it is a standard or Z report), we  can customize the selection screen using HR Report Category.

For example, I want to add field Cost Center as default field when I execute Report Birthday List.

This is the selection screen before.

Before


















Step by step configuration :

IMG - Personnel Mangement - Human Resource Information System - Reporting - Adjusting the Standard Selection Screen

Choose Create Report Categories, and you will see message like this








This means that changes you made will automatically affecting other client.

Next screen will look like this :


























For me, instead of creating a new one, I'd rather copy the standard report category (the one that suites my needs the most) and adjust it.

Highlight original report category and click copy. Type name for the report category. Customer entries for this table should start with a number. I use "9TES" for example.



























Will appear message to specify object to be copied. Choose copy all to make sure all table (and its dependents) copied.

After the new report category created, I add field Cost Center as the default value in selection screen,

Highlight report category you want to edit, then double click field Allowable selection criteria in the left side of the screen.
In the next screen will appear all fields that can be chosen to be default field in selection criteria.
I mark field PNPKOSTL (Cost Center). and click Save button.



























And it's all done.

To compare , this is the selection screen before.

Before


















And after :

After


















Of course, report category can be use for other functionalities, that I'm gonna share in other post. Stay tune.. :)

Cheers,
Gana

1 comment:

  1. Truly a very good article on how to handle the future technology. After reading your post,thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel happy about and I love learning more about this topic.

    ReplyDelete